Saturday, May 1, 2010

What Scratch? Victoria Park:

Hmm... had to work on Saturday morning (May 1st), sigh ;=) but what a satisfying work indeed. I buffed a "pig-looking" sports car (Ford Cougar) which was splattered with hardened concrete (cement) fillings on the fender/skirting. Luckily, I had a quick look the day before (which was Friday) and I really didn't have any idea how to get rid off it as it had apparently been there for almost a year and the car owner didn't bother to wash it and it just really hardened. I pretty much advised the car dealer owner to send to the panel beaters BUT as always I gave my "damn" best to try first and perhaps advise later.

I had a quick google search and found out that "vinegar" can actually do the job but never on this heavy concrete fillings though (see below pix). Also, I had to boil hot water and soak the areas then apply vinegar as I scrape the hardened cement area by area - yehey! it worked but truly a very hard work indeed as I have to back-bend a lot for an hour or so. Woowww, my back hurts now but 'twas an amazing result.



Need my advise? Please let me know - call me at 04 88147999 or visit us @ http://www.whatscratch.com.au for more details on how we can help.

Ciao,
Ed (What Scratch? Vic Park)

2 comments:

  1. Apply rubbing compound to the scratched areas.with a buffer pad, spread the compound around the area that is dull from sanding.do not turn the buffer on yet.

    Fairfield Mechanic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Post and after repairing you you car fully changed if you need again body repair try it Car Body Repair Bristol

    ReplyDelete